Monday, September 3, 2012

Some morning must-do's

Just to update on my morning challenge! It's going really well, for the most part. I've had a day here and there when the baby didn't sleep, and the night my hubby came home from his long trip when the morning routine just didn't go so well. That's ok, because life happens, doesn't it? I've honestly grown to love my morning time before the house wakes up and gets moving.
     So, the next part of the challenge is to develop a morning routine. This will consist of  a few things that I must do each morning before school begins for us at 8:30. Now, I didn't include breakfast, because that's something that NO ONE misses here! We love our breakfast time, and it would never get overlooked due to lack of time. However, there are a few things that I must prioritize so that they won't get overlooked. Hence, the following morning "must do's":  Read Bible/Prayer time, exercise and shower/dress. Well, they probably won't blow you away with how high my goals are for the morning, but honestly....that's what I'm aiming for! It's important to me to begin my day spending time with my Lord but it can be the time that gets bumped due to something else taking priority. I've noticed that with some better planning, my time with Jesus happens more often than ever. So, I've applied that to exercise as well! Hopefully, I'll meet my goal of working out 5 days a week and being finished with it all by 7:15 (I'm moving up my wake up time to 6:00 to make this happen)!
     So, what about you? Anything you make a priority each day or would like to? I'll let you know how it goes this week!

1 comment:

  1. whew, girl, very proud of you... and to me, your goals are pretty lofty! I am still working toward consistency in getting up 15 min ahead of kids, at 6:45... That eve routine has to be cemented before the a.m. one can show up (Perry Mason still tempts me from 11:30-12:30, and I have to learn to love my a.m.'s more than this interesting suspense!).

    ReplyDelete