Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ice skating...in Hawaii???

I know it seems strange...ice skating in Hawaii? But, some friends of ours invited us to a birthday part at the ice skating rink on Oahu. As you can imagine, it was packed full! I was not sure how this would work out, logistically, since Shawn and I had all 5 kids and not one of them was good at ice skating. When we arrived, I was happy to see that the rink had skate "helpers"(kind of looked like a walker)  that the kids could use to stabilize themselves while they skate. So, Shawn volunteered to help Ava, and the rest of the kids went solo! After a little while, Haleigh got adventurous, and skated without a helper, but later came back to the beginner side since it was so crowded. We had a great time, but I must say it was strange trying to find clothes that would work in the 80 degree outside temp. and MUCH colder inside temp! Good thing we had some sweatshirts to layer! 






4 comments:

  1. Wow! That place looks packed! We have yet to go there and yes, part of the problem is our lack of warm clothes... So, a sweater would work just fine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We basically wore pants, with a short sleeve shirt and sweatshirt/sweater. If you go, we have plenty of stuff to let you borrow :) And, yes, it was packed!

      Delete
  2. That does look like fun. I like the idea of the "helper" things :)

    ReplyDelete