Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Goal setting... the challenge continues!!!!

 As a mom of 5, a to-do list is a MUST and a constant in my life.After leaving my teaching job to stay home with our children, I found that no matter how busy my day was (and it was BUSY!) by the end of the day, I'd think..."What did I DO today?". The house was still in shambles and I couldn't figure out what to make for dinner  I was just plain scattered. I became more organized out of sheer necessity. These days, my to do list gives me a starting place and boundaries for my time. I find that I get more accomplished, stress is lessened and I have more time to really enjoy my day. However,  the challenge of Crystal from Money Saving Mom has got me thinking that I'd like my daily goals to include things bigger than just laundry and daily tasks. If I set a few yearly goals, break them into smaller bite sized pieces, I might not be wondering where the time went and why I didn't do this or that. So, in addition to normal home-making things, I've set a few yearly personal goals. These will be broken down into things I can do in small ways throughout my week. Do you have any goals for the year? Which ones have been the most rewarding?

My yearly goals:
1. Read the Bible through chronologically in a year
2. Exercise 4-5 times a week
3. Develop/Deepen relationships with women in our Bible study/ community
4. Change our way of eating to include more raw/clean foods

3 comments:

  1. Oh man I can't even imagine what it's like having 5 kids and all of the things you have to get done. You are some kind of super women. Sometimes even thinking about having one makes me want to cry because I already have such a hard time getting things done at home and being organized and it's just Andrew and I!

    I thought you might enjoy this blog. It’s by a mom who wanted to cut out processed food in a way that was easy for her family to transition. There are 10-day pledges and then a 100-day pledge. She spells out very clearly how to know what is a good and what is junk. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/100-days-of-mini-pledges/

    Praying for you before you start your day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! I'll check out her blog. And I remember the days when it was just Haleigh...and I wondered the same thing! Give yourself time to get adjusted and grace too!

      Delete
  2. I'm just now reading about your challenge but it sounds like you're doing great! I looove checklists and things like that- for some reason they're incredibly motivating :) I hope you persevere and reap the benefits!!

    ReplyDelete