The next part of the challenge is to eat a healthy breakfast. Honestly, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. My kids usually eat a big breakfast, and cereal is only the beginning of the meal for the majority of them. We sometimes all eat the same thing, but mostly it's a "continental style" breakfast. Bagels, eggs, turkey bacon, waffles, yogurt are the common things that we eat around here. Minus Mommy. I try to eat a higher protein, low carb breakfast, so that means usually eggs, turkey bacon, Canadian bacon or a veggie omelet (if I have leftover veggies from dinner) or my favorite...steel cut oatmeal with peanut butter and red grapes. The challenge comes in for me in the prep of these meals. With school starting back up, a breakfast in the crock pot would be great, or something already made, just needing to be warmed up. Money Saving Mom has several on her site, some of which I've tried. Now I'm searching for some more good breakfast recipes, so if you have any....let me know! Thanks!!
Friday, August 24, 2012
Guess who woke up before the alarm clock....
The next part of the challenge is to eat a healthy breakfast. Honestly, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. My kids usually eat a big breakfast, and cereal is only the beginning of the meal for the majority of them. We sometimes all eat the same thing, but mostly it's a "continental style" breakfast. Bagels, eggs, turkey bacon, waffles, yogurt are the common things that we eat around here. Minus Mommy. I try to eat a higher protein, low carb breakfast, so that means usually eggs, turkey bacon, Canadian bacon or a veggie omelet (if I have leftover veggies from dinner) or my favorite...steel cut oatmeal with peanut butter and red grapes. The challenge comes in for me in the prep of these meals. With school starting back up, a breakfast in the crock pot would be great, or something already made, just needing to be warmed up. Money Saving Mom has several on her site, some of which I've tried. Now I'm searching for some more good breakfast recipes, so if you have any....let me know! Thanks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Are you on Pinterest, Michelle? If so, check out the Blueberry Breakfast Cake on my Breakfast board! It's not a crockpot recipe, but it is a recipe you can prep the night before and pop in the oven the next morning....which I love because there are fewer dirty dishes to distract me as we start school!!! :) The guys like the "omelets" made in muffin tins, too, but I made them too salty the first time so I wasn't a huge fan of them. I need to try them again with less salt. I do have some crock pot breakfast ideas to try on there as well. Our latest favorite thing to have for breakfast is scrambled eggs with retried black and pinto beans in a tortilla. My husband loves this in aluminum foil to go on his way out the door for lunch... (Can you tell I've been thinking about this breakfast thing just a bit??? Christie (Irvin) Cook
ReplyDeleteI meant on his way out the door for BREAKFAST ..not lunch. :)
ReplyDelete