For all of you who, like me, are able to sew a button on or mend a little rip, you will appreciate this. My mom made Haleigh a dress a little while ago and smocked it. She wore it to church this past Sunday, very proudly. Of course, you can't see the detailed work around the neck of the dress that took quite a while to do. I love home-made treasures, because even years from now, Haleigh will look at that dress and remember that her Mimi loves her and what a blessing she is in her life. Thanks, mom!
Very nice dress! I made Robyn a dress one time and I couldn't even do the button holes myself. I would love to sew better.
ReplyDeleteHow special. I have had a sewing machine for 5 years now and still don't know how to use it:( I had a brief lesson when I got it and made some baby blankets for my cousin, but haven't done anything since. I kept saying I was gonna take some lessons this winter and haven't called. Maybe this will inspire me to make that call. I would love to make special treasures for the kids.
ReplyDeleteadorable! I love it!!!
ReplyDelete