Saturday, February 14, 2009

Welcome to the family!

Ava Leilani
Born February 11, 2009
8:20 p.m.
7 lbs. 9 oz,  20" long
It feels like we've been waiting for this day forever! We went to the hospital Wednesday afternoon at about 2:00. A couple of women were ahead of us with unexpected labor, so we had to wait a little while to get started. The nurses started the Pitocin(spelling?) at about 3:45 and immediately I began having contractions. At about 5 cm, I asked for an epidural (yipee!) and 45 minutes later, I was about ready to start pushing! She came really quickly, with only a few pushes. The doctor actually had to tell me to stop pushing for a minute while he got the cord from around her neck. She was healthy and alert right away and looks every bit like her brothers and sister. Shawn couldn't believe how much hair she had, but I figured she'd have alot, since I've had indigestion since about the third month! We're at home now, trying to get into a normal life of nursing, sleeping, and cuddling! I'll post more pictures soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Michelle! She's so precious!!! I'm so happy for you guys and so excited to get to meet her in a few weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Peoples Family!!! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a little angel. Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear the delivery went well. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! What a beauty (and momma you look great, too!) So excited for your sweet little family! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete