Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving '08

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the family, friends, food and the great traditions that we've had the past few years. Like the past few years, Shawn's family has come up to Ohio to visit with us. This year, not only did Mom, Dad and Leiana come, but also Aunt Margaret from Hawaii and Shawn's brother, Dan and his wife Misty. We had a house full from Wednesday to Sunday, but it was so much fun. Thanksgiving day, a family from our church came over to celebrate and eat with us, then later that evening, we headed to their house for dessert. The day after Thanksgiving, the ladies of the house ventured out at 5 am to do some serious Christmas bargain shopping. We came back exhausted at about 2:00, but had a vehicle full of treasures! I had such a great time with my family, and I am truly thankful for the amazing people God has placed in our lives.

Mapping out the game plan for Friday...my favorite part!




2 comments:

  1. I really think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Sounds like you had a nice one with so many family to visit with. And good for you getting all the bargains! I have yet to begin.

    Oh and you are looking great! Your hair is so cute! You just look adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Thanksgiving part sounded like lots of fun....I still think you're a bit crazy to do the Friday shopping thing though! :)

    ReplyDelete