I was compelled to write this two days ago and didn't. Today, I need to write it as a reminder to ME.This may have to be a 2-part deal, as I get a bit wordy (shocker!)
Many of you know, we moved back from Hawaii in October and have been waiting on the Lord to show us where/what is next. And we're still here. Still.
There have been more interviews, resumes and possibilities than I can count. Still, none of them have come with the voice of the Spirit saying, "Go". As someone who enjoys a good "to-do list", this is quite the struggle. The voice inside me saying, "If we just... or maybe I could...what if we..." and the Accuser's voice saying, "He isn't listening to you... He doesn't care... You really messed it up this time". Many times during our journey, I have seen so clearly the hand of God in His provision, and His peace. There have also been times when I felt like He was silent.
A few weeks ago, I had really allowed our circumstances take center stage in my mind. All of the uncertainty, all of the financial stress, and it completely zapped my joy. I thought our situation had become hopeless, and that's how I felt inside. Out of that despair, I heard my Hubby speak some sweet truth into my life. Shawn has been learning so much through this time in our life, and when we shares what he's learning, the Holy Spirit renews my mind. It returned my thoughts to truth, that my struggles do not define my standing in Christ. My circumstances are ever changing, but the faithfulness of God is UNchanging.
James 1 tells us to count it all joy when we encounter various trials, because the testing of our faith produces endurance. He also tells us to "let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." We all encounter trials, whether health related, relationship difficulties, unemployment, family issues, etc. But our joy cannot be dependent on our circumstances, but on the unrelenting grace of God. A friend recently told me, "don't rush the process". The trials we endure are actually producing something in us. In my own heart, it has produced gratitude.
My circumstances haven't changed, there is no job we've suddenly fallen into, no magical fairy offering to grow a magic money tree in my yard. Yet, my hope is in the Lord. The unchanging one.
No comments:
Post a Comment