While moving and settling, it was hard to fit in more than just the three R's for school.Now that we've settled into a normal routine, our school has become a lot more hands on. Here are some things the kids have been busy working on lately.
Joshua and Ava hanging out laundry during their "busy bag" time.
The older kids and I have been learning about the tabernacle and the instructions the Lord gave to Moses on order to build it. I have to admit, I've learned a TON from this lesson, and my reading through the Bible(although I'm WAY behind) has been right on track with what we are learning in school!
So, we began making our model tabernacle using the My Father's World curriculum.
First, the Most Holy Place. It holds the Arc of the Covenant, which contained inside the tablets of Law (10 Commandments), Aaron's staff and manna. This was where the high priest could enter once a year, and sacrifice for the sins of the people. It was the dwelling place of the Lord.
| The Arc we made which had miniatures of the items I just listed. This was fun for the kids, too, and helped them remember! |
And here it is! All finished! We were excited to have completed this project and learned a lot about the specific instructions the Lord have His people in building the Tabernacle.
We also read about the 12 spies that were sent into Canaan. They brought back figs, grapes and pomegranates. So, for snack, we had grapes, Fig Newtons and pomegranate juice. Who knew Bible history could be so yummy?
Those kids have a great teacher! :) It's weird to see your pictures and not recognize your furniture though... :(
ReplyDeleteThese are great pictures! The kids look so tan already. I agree with Janna, you ARE such a great teacher and whose house is that anyway? :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle - you are such an awesome mother (and teacher). I so admire you for moving 4000 miles with 5 kids and braving the cockroaches :). Or as you'll hear us say...cockAroaches :)! May God bless you & your family throughout your journey in Hawaii! ...Joni (aka: Bird Vacuumer)
ReplyDelete