Saturday, May 7, 2011

The first steps of obedience

One of the best days in a parent's life! Being a witness to his birth was one blessing, but to be a witness to his second birth was one I can't put into words. Caleb has know for a while about being a sinner, seperated from God and could tell you that he believed he needed Jesus. But until recently, he has been very afraid of professing faith in Christ by being baptized. At our missions home briefing in March, Caleb pulled Shawn aside and said, "I want to get baptized now." Shawn and I both talked with him further and asked if he wanted to wait until the next week when his grandparents were in town. He said, "NO, I want to be baptized NOW". The next Sunday, Shawn had the honor of baptizing our oldest son. Here are some pics and also a link to watch a video of this special day here!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing that just makes me cry! Caleb is always gonna be my special buddy (even if he's "too cool" for hugs now)...I'm so proud of him! :)

    ReplyDelete