Monday, May 17, 2010

My first 5K!!

As many of you know, a few months ago, I started jogging. I never in my life thought I'd be a runner, but always envied how free and relaxed the runners around my looked. Well, this past Sunday, I ran my very first 5K! I had worked up to running 2 miles pretty good, so I thought the last mile would just be me pushing it really hard at the race. Boy, I wish I had known about the HILLS! I am used to a slight incline around our neighborhood where I jog, but THESE WERE CRAZY HILLS!! The race benefited Kids Against Hunger which is a wonderful organization our church supports. I was happy to have a few friends there with me as well, which was great support and challenge. My friend, Rachel, has been challenging me with her own running progress. I'm not that competative a person, but it really does motivate me when others around me are just a little ahead of where I am. So, here are the stats...Out of close to 400 people total, I finished number 175 at about 37 minutes. Would I do it again....heck yeah! In fact, there's a 5k coming up July 4!!
Before the intense hills ...

And after...still smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Michelle! Proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huraaaaay! We did it! Feels good, doesn't it? I like your before and after pictures... you look exactly the same :P

    ReplyDelete