Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A family favorite

One of my favorite family traditions of the summer is making homemade ice cream. My dad always made some for family gatherings or cook outs and sometimes even church ice cream fellowships. I think he probably got it from his dad. Anyhow, I bought an ice cream freezer at a yard sale last year and have been using some family favorite recipies. I've also found a couple new ones that we've tried out also. I think our favorite so far is chocolate, but strawberry is a close second. Caleb was very interested in helping me with the freezer, always asking if it was time to add more salt. I thought this was a cute picture of him all excited.

I'm not really sure why he has a hammer??



3 comments:

  1. What a great tradition! (we're all about family traditions lately, aren't we!) How fun! Homemade ice cream is the best and what adorable boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog!! Well now I do so I'm free to stalk you from the comfort of my home. ;)

    ...he looks a little too happy to have that hammer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool tradition and I love the picture of Joshua with the hammer.

    ReplyDelete